Welcome! All high school and NEO students are eligible to participate in The NEO Theatre Experience productions.
While it is normal to be nervous, you have nothing to worry about. Auditions are closed, which means you will audition only for the directors, Phillip Shamblin and Aaron Smith. They will ask you a few questions about your life goals and theatrical experience, and then you will read from a script. Your audition will last about ten minutes.
Below you will find audition dates, times, locations, what to bring and how to prepare.
- Fill out the student registration form.
- Dress in comfortable clothes, preferably all black.
- No hoodies or hats covering your head or face during your audition.
- For musicals, prepare a song similar to the music in the show.
- Have a monologue memorized and rehearsed.
- Read the script if you can. At minimum, read the synopsis and know for which characters you are mostly likely to be cast.
Auditions focus on casting the show. However, we need stage managers, sound and lighting managers, etc. If you are interested in working backstage, let us know during your audition.
Audition Anyway (critique)
If you cannot be in one of the shows, audition anyway. Get the experience. Let the directors know you cannot accept a role. Optionally, before you begin your audition, request an evaluation of your performance to receive a critique.
The schedule for each show is provided at first read through after you are cast. Expect to rehearse 3-4 days per week. Rehearsals begin at 6pm, and last about two hours. Workshops may be necessary for some students and scenes.
Student Registration Form
All students must complete the student registration form.
Audition and Performance Location
All auditions and shows are on the NEO campus at the venues designated below.